Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Springing Forward

OMGosh. . . so much time has gone by.  I try to stay up with this blog, and then go off, live life and neglect the poor thing.  So instead of making all kinds of excuses. . . I'm just going to "Spring Forward" and share with you some fun things.

I have reconnected with my first love of crafting. . . . stamping.  It's been years, and although I cleaned out a lot of my stash, I've been able to use some of those vintage stamp designs that I fell in love with years ago.  Of course, like any stamper, if I see something new and super cute. . . it must be added to the collection.  This Easter card is one of my new finds.  I have always loved Penny Black.  I used to stock their stamps in my store (a very, very long time ago).  Over the years, they never seem to loose their flare for beautiful stamps.

I cannot create a card without Shimmerz Paints!  I just can't imagine not including Shimmerz in any creation.

Easter to me, is a time to celebrate our risen Lord, and celebrate new life.  We reach for pastel colors, and have the itch for those sunny, warm days, that haven't quite arrived.  We think of Easter eggs, and candies, those new Easter outfits, and time spent with family.

This adorable bunny inspired me to dust off those pastel colors, and celebrate all that spring is.


My color medium of choice was Shimmerz Creameez.  They are highly pigmented, but have a hint of shimmer to them.  Just enough shimmer to catch the light and make any project pop a little more.



I hand painted the striped background with Ride the Tide, Piggy Pink, and Freshly Minted Creameez, and painted the bottom portion of the background with Ride the Tide.  Once dry, I used a polka-dot stencil and Salt of the Earth Paste-eez to add my textured little dots to complete my background.




Here are the products I used on my little Easter card.  It was super fast, and oh so easy.  Who has time for complicated?  Not me!



If you are inspired by my little bunny card, and want to place a Shimmerz Paints order. . . .you can order HERE.  Mention my name in the ORDER COMMENTS when you order, and I will include a FREE jar of Inklingz or Creameez paint with your order.

Be sure to follow me on Instagram and Facebook. . . . because. . . I will be doing regular GIVE AWAYS!!!!!

In the meantime. . . . Get hoppin' on all those cute spring time cards.  Happy Easter!!!

1 comment: