Monday, July 27, 2009

I Lost It At Target

NOTE** As I begin this post, keep in mind, we homeschool our children.

I love back to school time. It has to be my most favorite time of the year. It's not because my kids will be leaving the house everyday for school---because they don't. It's not because I get to have all kinds of time to myself----cause I won't. It's because of the SCHOOL SUPPLIES! I am obsessed with school supplies.

We went to Target yesterday, and I went nuts. Dave has learned over the years to just let me go crazy or he might draw back a bloody stump (just kidding). He actually has learned that if he adds to my frenzy that it only makes me happier.

*New crayons -- check
*New pens -- check
*Loads of paper -- check
*New paints -- check
*New erasers -- check of course!
*Binders
*Journals
*Glue sticks
Check, check, check, and the list goes on.

Gracie wants a Hello Kitty binder? Of course she can have it! Kaleb wants a Kobe Bryant journal? You bet! Even Sami got in on my crazy action, and she graduated last January. You never know, she might really need that cute 3 subject notebook for her photography class, or something.

Then we lugged it all home (I won't say how many bags) and I laid "some" of my loot out to recap my school supply fix. Took one look and, YES, I was very pleased. So I snapped a picture to show you my joyful spree at Target. (The rest is still in a bag)

Is it an illness? Maybe. Am I obsessive? Maybe ---- most likely. BUT I had SO-O-O much fun!

Have I lost it? Let me know what you think. ((((HUGS)))))

9 comments:

Love the Decor! said...

No you are not crazy.There is just something about a new pack of crayons and a new fun notebook. You just enjoy those school supplies!! I am feeling very sad that For the first time in 20+ years I don't get to buy them anymore. My twin babies graduated in June and for college the supplies are much different. The kids grow so quickly so enjoy all of it while it lasts.
Have a blessed day :))

sunkuma said...

Yes, but those who know you...totally understand. Glad you had a fun day!

firefly said...

Hey Stac! Glad you had a wonderful time shopping. Always great to get bargains and fun stuff at the same time. My weakness is book stores....I go a bit nuts in them, so have to limit how often I go to them. Good thing school supply shopping only comes once a year. Enjoy the new stuff. Karen

Riet said...

Ohhh what beautiful Stacey.

Hugs Riet.x

Busym1 said...

I am right there with you, but I declared this year, I am not buying a thing till 3 days before school starts! We have hardly had a summer as it is, and I can't think about school yet! LOL! Glad you had fun! michelle

Lori Renn said...

Got glue sticks?? WOW how fun.

Unknown said...

School supply addiction is very serious. I have suffered (not really suffered..) from it all my life. I still love a new box of crayons and I'm 24. Honestly, the only reason I'm going back to grad school is so that I can go shop for notebooks and pens!!!

Looks like you really racked up at Target!

Welcome to Scripture Scrappers!

Julie Camacho said...

LOL! You make me laugh! I can feel your glee and that is enough for me! Last year I went at 12 midnight(when the back to school sales started), so afraid I ewou7ld misssomething.

Lori Barnett said...

Not crazy at all! Well...maybe if you bought stuff to deck out a locker...but hey...even that would be OK I suppose! ha ha! Now if I could just find school uniform shorts for my daughter that don't have a waistband that sits just under the arm pits I would be good!