Friday, February 13, 2009

What a Week!

What an incredible experience! I didn't get to go to any of the events to watch the athletes compete. I was working at the Healthy Athletes venue. We gave out bracelets, pins and other goodies and took pictures of athletes in front of the Got Milk poster. They LOVED that! We were printing picutres as fast as the printer could pop them out. We got lots of smiles, thank you's (in differently languages), thumbs up, and a few hugs. It was wonderful! I will never forget this last week.

Another extra little bonus was that I got to meet Andy Baldwin. He was the hunky Bachelor that was a naval officer from a couple of years ago. Holy Stinking Cow! What a cutie patootie. I'm not going to post that picture because I look like a giddy teenager. Let me tell you, he is as sweet as he is good looking. But make no mistake---I would never trade my hunkie hubby for anyone else. Andy was just a little eye candy.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! :)

Audrey said...

Sounds like you had a GREAT week Stacey! Being able to meet clelbs and all, but I agree the real celebs were the athletes. Such wonderful, God's special people. God Bless you for helping out. I truly enjoy your blog as you always speak of the awesomness of our God!

Jan Hennings said...

Your comments about Andy Baldwin made me LOL! He is certainly a cutie and a great catch for some lucky gal!

Amanda said...

Sounds like a great week. Do you and Gracie want to come over and play on Monday?

Lori Renn said...

I am so proud of all of those athletes and so proud to live in Idaho! I watched the closing ceremonies last night and I sobbed from pride. My son was supposed to volunteer but got bumped. He was so bummed. So glad you got to be a part of it. They were lucky to have you. xoxo Happy Valentine's Day!

Maggi said...

What a fun event! And so cool you got to meet Andy Baldwin...I love watching The Bachelor and the Bachelorette! lol