Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Coolest Kid on the Block



I seems like I've been posting an awful lot about my girls. Sami prom, Gracie kindergarten. So today Kaleb was playing his guitar (loudly I might add). Trust me--deaf kids do everything very loud. You'd think his hearing aids would control some of that. Anyway, so I thought I would share his "coolness". Kaleb has been using virtual guitar lessons for less than a year to learn how to play both the accustical and the electric guitar (not such a fan of the electric--it's the loud thing again) :o) He has learned so-o-o much. He's already playing full songs, and not Mary Had A Little Lamb. I'm talking real songs. He loves songs from my era (the 80's). It just cracks me up. He thinks all the "old" songs are great. He holds himself accountable to practicing everyday. Which is awesome--one less thing for me to nag about.
I get such a kick out of my girls. Sami is a kick in the pants. Always fun and laughing. Gracie is our little ray of sunshine. She is always happy, happy, happy! Kaleb, he is my joy. He is an easy going kid. Very laid back and shy. He and I have always had a special bond. We just "get" each other. He LOVES his mama and I love that. He doesn't give me grief. He is very rarely ever in trouble and he's truly a funny kid. The things that come out of that boys mouth are hilarious. Then there are those blue eyes and dimples. UGH!! I know I'm in for trouble---that's if he can get over his shyness to even talk to the girls. Tee-Hee-hee.
Kaleb also has a true and very deep love for the Lord. That boy knows what he believes and why he believes it. He has a level of wisdom that often amazes me. I do believe that when you loose one of your senses (or it is dramatically diminished) the others kick into high gear. Kaleb can sense the Lord and the Holy Spirit and he is in tuned to them both. He loves our family Bible study each week. He's hungry to learn and he enjoys his theological discussions with his dad.
He's just a joy and a blessing. Right up there with his sisters!

4 comments:

Jami said...

What an awesome post...this just left me feeling so good! Kaleb sounds like a real angel.

Kelly said...

Maybe it's the middle boy thing but Carson is a lot like Kaleb. And guess what? He's been wanting to learn how to play the guitar for about a year now. My parents got him one for Christmas but we haven't found anyone willing to teach a 4-year old. :)

Amanda said...

What a sweet post on a sweet kid. Plus he's such a great brother! Even to those who don't have one. Thanks K for being so nice to my girls, they adore you just like me!

Audrey said...

Stacey,
Kaleb is such a sweetie. I am sure he is just as sweet on the inside as he looks on the outside! I had no idea he had hearing problems. I have nerve deafness in my right ear,it is inherited from my mother, my youngest also has it. It you are talking away from me or I can't see whatyou ae saying I have no clue what you are talking about. Hearing aides won't do any good as they only amplify the background noise. I have learned to live with it. I figure if I can't figure out what you are saying then I'm not suppose to know Hee hee. All your childen are beautiful as is their Mom. I guess I am a bit prejudice as although I have never met you in person I know we know each other and are sisters in the Lord.
Blessings!